"You are never going to be the first one to speak but you are always going to be the first one to speak with your voice"

-J Smooth (iLL Doctrine)

3/14/10

Facebook, munchies and Fat people....

It is a shame that the only thing teens in my demographic can turn to as a form of entertainment on any given night is centered around, eating, having sex, consuming illegal substances and technological devices (CPU, Gaming System, Cell phone, etc.). In my eyes this should eliminate any wonders of why we teens act the way we act and why America is the most over weight country in the world. We have nothing to do, besides the $11 movie and wide range of restaurants one may dine, the life of a citizen under the age of 21 is relatively bland. It seems that our lives are centered around Facebook, MacDonald's, and the AMC, what are my other options. Other than the occasional concert or "Juke Jam" I have nothing to do in my leisure, besides Facebook, movies or food, I could smoke some weed or drink some Hennessey Black but that's wrong I shouldn't be doing that, but why not, the people I am suppose to look up to aren't providing me with any constructive/affordable activities to take part in. It's very disappointing to be honest; the system seems to be structured in a way that puts American youth at a disposition; we are trained to sit on our asses and spend money on menial forms of entertainment. My friend Sydney and I have sat for approximately 3 hours trying to figure out something to do on a Sunday night and with the help of Google and our collective intellects we came up with NOTHING, granted it was a Sunday night but none the less, every listing we came upon had something to do with a bar our lounge where drinks are served. It seems that liquor is the culprit behind a teenage scarcity of entertainment because with liquor comes profit. We as teenagers cannot generate that profit, at least legally, and in-order for there to be some sort of venue for teens to enjoy it must be profitable, because everyone knows nothing gets done unless there is incentive. But what could there possibly be that is both affordable and profitable and serve as entertain to people under the age of 21. Honestly I don't know but I will definitely be taking it into consideration.

1 comment: