"You are never going to be the first one to speak but you are always going to be the first one to speak with your voice"

-J Smooth (iLL Doctrine)

3/10/10

One of my favorite ARTIST...

El-P - Smithereens from Definitive Jux on Vimeo.




If you're in the mood to listen to a true artist, someone with a superior grasp of the English language, the poetic ability to tell a story in rhyme, all tied together with a very unorthodox but successful delivery, then a trip to "Definitive Jux" Records is in order. This is because here you can find an artist by the name of El-P, and by artist I mean the epitome of artistry, from his musical to visual presentation. Now for a person to be able to compile these talents into one singular package is amazing on its own but when you also take into account the message he sends with every song, (shit ever bar) it makes his artistry even more appealing in my eyes, all I can say is pay attention and take the time to listen to his work. This is why I have the greatest respects for El-P, he forces me to think and needless to say, I am a big fan of his music and hope for more videos like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment