"You are never going to be the first one to speak but you are always going to be the first one to speak with your voice"

-J Smooth (iLL Doctrine)

7/2/09

Jerkin



Well a while back in like October my uncle came up hear from Cali to see me the family. While we were talking he mentioned a dance all everybody was doing called Jerking. Then about a month later my friend Johnnie told me how her friend from Cali was in town teacher her how to do it. When she described it I thought she was crazy, "we Jerked on the roof", "On the back of a pick-up truck in the street" I'm like "What??? Yall ass need to sit down". But when I finally looked it up on the all mighty YouTube I was very interested. Unlike Crank this and that or Swag Surfing and all that, I actually enjoyed Jerking.

Why do I like this new dance craze, but I hate every other? It seems that the artist actually puts effort into the actual music and the beat and tempo just warrants that I immediately jump up and start "Jerking". I have yet to hear a Jerk song that doesn't at least make my head move lol. Unlike Soulja Boi and all the other dance rappers, most Cali jerk music has lyrical content that at least matches the quality of the track/chorus and actually deserves a listen other than the chorus being the only part of the song you remember or recognize. It's not Big Sean, Mf doom, or Kanye or anything; it's Fun, Nasty, Hyper, its Jerk music which achieves its goal of entertaining fans, very well might I add.


"iJerk"

No comments:

Post a Comment