"You are never going to be the first one to speak but you are always going to be the first one to speak with your voice"

-J Smooth (iLL Doctrine)

7/16/09

Obligated to support BET????

*Warning this is an opinion based are argument and profanity is in heavy use so if it offended you I'm sorry I guess but I really don't care get off my blog or leave a comment. I discourage the youth from reading lol.

Recently my friend and I were having a conversation on television programs and channels and the subject of BET came up. My friend had brought up the fact that since I was black I was obligated to support BET. I got very emotional at his comment, Fuck BET!

In my opinion BET is a very self righteous and inconsistent network. BET constantly boast about the development of African American culture and how black people are hurting themselves, BET constantly have programs shunning the very thing they promote.

Shows like Tiny & Tony, College Hill, Keyshia Cole, blah blah. BET exploits the very aspects of our culture they claim to be against; ignorance in the African American race. Niggas are going to be niggas no matter what but for you to have programs shunning the very culture you exploit in my opinion makes the network hypocritical. How can you tell your audience this and that but, in the next segment glorifying the actions you frown upon?

Along with the networks hypocritical messages they portray they are a very cheap penny pinching network, Aj & Free, Tiger what happened to Rapcity the basement? BET wasn't paying niggas and gave them the boot. Please do not let me get started on the BET awards, nothing but a big flashy mess. It goes without saying I don't watch BET anymore but I honestly don't even know what channel it is on my TV. BET basically tries to emulate MTV and the programs they televise and produce (at a lower price). This is the very reason why I do not respect, support, or even acknowledge BET as legitimate network. I'm not obligated to support a damn thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment